Saturday, August 28, 2010

Ghosting Images

One of the things I love to do with my camera is create "ghosts".  This is all done with just the camera using a feature called "multiple exposures".  I suggest all you photographers viewing this check to see if you have this feature on your camera if you haven't already.  The trick to ghosting an image is to first place the camera on a tripod or some other support, then take a picture, remove the object you wish to ghost, and then take another picture.  The two images are then stacked and your ghost is made.  Sometimes I find that using three images (two with the object, one without) produces better results as the ghost is more visible but still transparent.  This effect also works with people, but with people you can't take two pictures with them in it as we humans move a bit and would blur the image.

Here is an example.  I call it "Blooms Gone By"

No comments:

Post a Comment