Monday, August 2, 2010

The Canadian Rockies (cont.)

Here are some more.  With all the hecticness going on with traveling back home (and at 3 am to boot) I haven't been able to update this like I would have wanted to.  Also, transfering my pictures to my desktop has hit a bit of an obstacle as I have a mere 500 MB of space left.

But all that aside, the pictures.


7200 ft up.



The ascent. That building on the right is at 7200 ft.  The air was so thin it made something as simple as walking up the slope quite difficult.  Probably comes in part from living in a country with a maximum elevation of 249 ft.


A mountain.  We saw so many I haven't the slightest clue as to what this one is called.



Like the mountains we saw so many falls that I can't remember the name of these ones (this one?).



The same falls.



The toe of the glacier coming off the Columbian Ice Fields.  As is probably evident this was taken while standing on it.  The whole thing was pretty cool (no pun intended) aside from managing to step into a hole with a thin layer of ice over it, succesfully soaking my shoe and a good deal of my jeans.



A glacier viewable from the one we were on.  It has a name but I don't remember what it is.



That way to the ice fields.  We couldn't go there as there are gaps in the ice where it goes over the ridge that are larger than the bus we were in.



Mountains next to the ice fields.

Once again, more to come at later.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing and Incredible! Very nice photos! If I had to choose a favorite, I couldn't do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mountains, and these pictures do them justice. Thanks for posting :D

    ReplyDelete