Monday, August 16, 2010

Barcelona

So yes, my trip to Barcelona was well over a month ago and the only pictures anyone has ever seen are the two pictures of the week here on the blog.  Time to change that...but this will take a little while.

Pictures.

A flower pot, Gaudi style.  All that glass is from old bottles and the like.



Chandelier...also in Gaudi style.


Swirly roof and chandelier.  Also in the same building by Gaudi as the two previous pictures.


This was part of a really cool stair column.  The tiles faded to a darker blue the higher you went up so that when you look up at the skylight at the top of the column all the tiles appear the same colour.  Didn't work perfectly but it was cool all the same.


The roof of the building.  It has been said to look like a dragon's back with a lance through it, representing the legend of Sir George and the Dragon (wait...was it St. George...?)


The front of the building on the right; on the left is another building by a different but just as, er, original as Gaudi.


This peacock was one of many strutting about at the zoo in Barcelona.  I had it trapped on a balcony for pictures...at least I thought I did until it actually flew down.


More Gaudi (can you sense a theme here?)


Monserrat, just north of Barcelona.  AMAZING views from the mountain.


More shots of the monastery at Monserrat...my picture of the week for week 27.


How did I get this shot of an empty floor in a major tourist attraction?  PATIENCE!  That and taking pictures of everything else while keeping an eye on the floor for an opportunity (I didn't sit there with my camera pointed this way just waiting. :-P)


More views from the hike along one of the trails in Monserrat.  Unfortunately my parents were intent on getting back ASAP so I had to snap pictures really fast and run to catch up.





A building on the hike.


Another shot of the mountain.



This covers about a day and a half of the trip. I'm not sure if I should be inserting a :-/ smiley or a :-P smiley here.  I'll post more later (like I said this will take a little while).

1 comment:

  1. Amazing, I like all of those! Such interesting subject matters. Thanks for sharing them. :)

    ReplyDelete