Monday, March 14, 2011

Longtails!

...and a plant.

This was my first test of how my new lens could handle fast moving objects (i.e. longtails)...and I must say it performed well.  They aren't all back yet (or if they are, there's a lot less of them) and they're staying pretty far off-shore still, so all these were taken at the long end of the lens...and yet all these shots still had to be cropped to have a reasonable bird/sky ratio (obviously excepting the plant).  So for such a small distant object the fact that the lens could lock in on them and get an in-focus shot is pretty promising.






2 comments:

  1. Maybe I'm boring for liking the picture of the plants. I probably am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...well why do you think it's in there? Perhaps the poster liked it as well...;-)

    ReplyDelete