Sunday, January 23, 2011

Macro Experiments

When I was taking my picture for the week I did some experimenting with the macro shots.  It was a thirty second exposure, so I decided to try some things and one thing that was pretty cool (I thought) was adjusting the focus ring while the picture was being taken.  The shot below displaying this effect is very imprecise...I think if this was carefully perfected it could result is some pretty sweet shots.

Also, I tried a little of zoom technique; zooming out while the exposure is being taken.  I've now learned that this doesn't work too well with a thirty second shutter.  But the results are there anyways so you can see what it does.

And the fact that I like Dungeons and Dragons shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, really.

Normal:


Focus change: 


Zoom change: 

2 comments:

  1. I really like these. The middle one is my favorite--and dungeons and dragons rock. As long as I'm not inside either of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...because there is no "s" in your word "rock" I'm assuming you misunderstood me. Dungeons and Dragons is a table-top RPG game notorious for being a "nerd" game.

    ReplyDelete