Saturday, November 13, 2010

Bad News

Okay I have some bad news.  No, it's not that I utterly failed to put up the Paris pictures or the pictures of the week...thus far.  You already know that.  The bad news is that my hard drive is practically full.  As in, less than a gigabyte.  I had to uninstall a bunch of stuff to make room to copy my Paris pictures that I had on my dad's laptop onto my own desktop.  I'm hopeful to get either a new computer (this one is on its way out after 8 years) or replacement parts for this one (motherboard, processor, RAM, and hard drive...) in the near future.  So HOPEFULLY I'll be able to take a ton of pictures to make up for all this emptyness here lately but that won't happen until I get more memory space...

Fun fact: Did you know you can purchase a 1 terrabyte hard drive for under $200?  That's 1000 gigabytes.  Or around 50,000 pictures (on my 10 MP camera).  I wonder how much my 150 GB hard drive cost back when it was purchased...probably more...ah technology.

EDIT: I've noticed that several different people have logged in over the past 24 hours...I think this is being frequented more than I thought.  I feel no pressure..:-P

(Paris pictures WILL be up today or tomorrow.  If they're not, I will film myself doing a handstand singing "Hail to Bermuda" and post that along with the Paris pictures.)

No comments:

Post a Comment